Y7 Studio is hiring Studio Associates for its River North location.
The Y7 experience combines vinyasa yoga, music, heat and darkness, connecting you deeper to your mind and body. All studios are heated to 80-90 degrees using state-of-the-art infrared technology, which helps create a detoxifying sweat that stimulates blood circulation and increases flexibility. This is a music-driven practice where you will flow to tracks from varied genres. Classes are held in a dark, candlelit room with no mirrors to encourage you to turn your focus inward and explore your individual practice.
We started Y7 with a mission of breaking down barriers to make yoga inclusive and accessible. Our goals for the workplace are similar: to create an inclusive, challenging and fun environment that enables employees to fully explore their potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the voices of all clients and staff.
Role & Responsibilities
- Greet clients, guests and members as they enter the space
- Foster a warm and welcoming environment by offering tours and directing clients to where they need to be
- Work as a team with Area Managers, Senior Associates and Teachers to facilitate smooth and successful class check-ins
- Provide support to other team members in daily tasks and projects
- Uphold company policies and procedures and approach all situations with respect and empathy
- Facilitate client payments and ensure class rosters and client accounts are updated efficiently and in accordance with Y7’s procedures in Mindbody Online
- Maintain the Y7 brand aesthetic, energy and culture
- Prepare the studio for classes and work with Teachers to ensure an excellent class experience
- Maintain a clean and safe environment - responsibilities include cleaning mats, studio room, lockers, surfaces, bathrooms, and laundry
- Be confident in multi-tasking, troubleshooting, and making decisions
- Use Y7’s internal communication systems to log updates, facilities issues and other concerns, and to receive feedback and updates from Leadership